Frozen Yogurt Banana Pops are a scrumptious treat for youngsters and a terrific way to use ripe bananas!
The Best Way to Make Frozen Yogurt Banana Pops
The guidelines sounded so straightforward. Insert popsicle stick into banana. Dip banana into flavored yogurt. Freeze.
The initially time I produced these, I did just that. I dipped, banana fell off the stick, into my bowl. I dipped once more, yogurt wouldn’t stick to the banana. So I spooned the yogurt onto the banana as an alternative, even though the banana lay helpless on my paper plate.
We identified this is a considerably greater way to make these frozen banana pops:
- Peel your bananas and reduce into two or 3 pieces based on the size of your banana
- Insert a popsicle stick into a banana
- Place bananas onto a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. FREEZE.
- Once your bananas are frozen, dip in yogurt, and roll in your toppings.
- Lay on the similar tray you used to freeze the bananas and let them refreeze.
What Toppings Work Well on a Frozen Yogurt Banana Pop?
There are lots of scrumptious toppings for frozen bananas. These are some of our favorties:
- chopped nuts
- toasted coconut
- chocolate pieces
- peanut butter drizzle
- mini chocolate chips
- crushed pretzels
- freeze dried fruit
How Long Do Frozen Bananas Last?
Once your bananas are frozen, location them in an airtight container. Your frozen bananas will keep fresh for two-to-3 months with out losing excellent, but the fruit should stay secure for eating for up to 6 months.
If you start out to notice a lot of ice crystals or discoloration of your bananas, then it is time to throw them out.
What is the Best Type of Yogurt?
There are so lots of forms of yogurt out there and in some cases it is tough to know which is the ideal sort to acquire. These are a couple of items in thoughts when selecting yogurt.
- Ingredient List: attempt to pick a yogurt with handful of components. The components that really should be incorporated are milk and bacterial cultures. All other components are added for improvement of flavor and texture and are not entirely vital.
- Added Sugar: yogurt naturally consists of some sugar in the kind of lactose. However, meals firms frequently add significant amounts sugar to make yogurt taste sweeter. To pick a healthier yogurt, choose the brands with the least sugar per serving. The closer you can get to 10–15 grams of carbs per cup the greater.
- Fat Content: Yogurt can be produced from complete, low-fat or fat-no cost milk. Although complete-fat yogurt does include more calories than low-fat yogurt, it does not necessarily make it a much less healthier decision. A lot of reduce fat yogurts replace the fat with sugar. Choose the fat content primarily based on dietary habits, meals preferences and calorie ambitions.
- Live Cultures: Probiotic bacteria are used to make yogurt by turning lactose into lactic acid providing yogurt its tart flavor. These bacteria are referred to as ‘live cultures’. A lot of overall health rewards have been shown from these. Many brands do not place the probiotic content of their yogurt on the label mainly because it is costly. One straightforward way to inform if there are live cultures in the yogurt is to stay clear of yogurt that says ‘heat-treated after culturing’ mainly because that method kills the bacteria.
- Greek Yogurt: This sort of yogurt is extremely well known, in significant component mainly because it has twice the quantity of protein as standard yogurt and about half the carbs. It is also normally thicker and more tangy and is a terrific decision.
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup toppings of decision shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter drizzle, crushed pretzels
Peels bananas and reduce in half. Place a popsicle stick in the finish of every banana half and insert about half way into the banana.
Lay bananas on a baking sheet with a piece of parchment.
Freeze for about an hour. Dip every banana into yogurt and then roll into the toppings.
Place back on the baking sheet and freeze for a further hour. If you want to retailer them longer, location in an airtight container and delight in for up to 2-3 months.