This post may possibly include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please study my disclosure.
This vegan flatbread recipe is soft and fluffy, uncomplicated to make, and versatile as well! With just 5 components and no yeast, it is created with pantry staples and dairy-totally free milk. Enjoy it as the base for pizza, to mop up stews and curries, or as a satisfying snack.
If you are one particular of these folks who really feel a meal is not total without the need of a side of bread, this vegan naan is for you! It’s a versatile side that tastes scrumptious with soups, stews, and saucy curries. Just use the dairy-totally free naan to mop up the sauce and provide it to your mouth.
It tends to make a fuss-totally free homemade flatbread pizza as well! Just leading the vegan flat bread with pizza sauce and lots of vegan mozzarella, then bake till the cheese is melted and the edges are golden.
Latest Recipe Video!
But the very best portion about this effortless vegan naan recipe is you do not have to fiddle with fresh yeast. It’s leavened with baking powder alternatively, which tends to make it almost fool-proof. My homemade vegan naan comes out best every single time, with a soft, light texture and airy bubbles that turn golden from the skillet.
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Perfect base for a vegan flatbread pizza
- Easier than yeast flatbreads
- Only 5 uncomplicated components
- No baking involved
- Can be cooked on the stovetop, no specific gear vital!
- Kids & adults alike adore this dairy-totally free naan bread
- Pillowy soft texture
- A scrumptious side for a plant-primarily based diet program
- Best vegan flatbread recipe ever!
This effortless vegan flatbread calls for 5 uncomplicated components that can be effortlessly identified at most grocery retailers. The very best portion? This vegan naan has no yeast! Find the complete recipe and nutritional details in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-goal flour creates a soft and fluffy flatbread. If you want to use complete wheat flour, I suggest swapping no more than half of the white flour, otherwise the finish outcome will be dense and chewy.
- Baking Powder: A leavening agent is crucial for the airy bubbles on the outdoors of the skillet rapid bread. Most vegan naan recipes get in touch with for immediate yeast, but baking powder operates excellent!
- Salt: Salt equals flavor, in particular in bread!
- Oil: A tiny olive oil keeps the dough moist, and prevents the bread from drying out. Any neutral flavored oil like vegetable, canola, or olive oil can be utilized.
- Almond Milk: To hydrate the flour and kind a pliable, workable dough. Any plant-primarily based milk operates excellent. Just be confident to invest in the unsweetened version! Oat milk, cashew milk, and soy milk are excellent choices.
Make this plant primarily based flatbread into a rapid pizza, or add some garlic flavor!
- Make It Gluten-Free: Swap normal flour with an all-goal gluten-totally free flour blend with xanthan gum. I suggest Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour.
- Vegan Flatbread Pizza: Turn this no yeast flatbread into a pizza with just a couple of uncomplicated measures! Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the naan on a baking sheet or pizza stone (this will replace your pizza dough) and spread pizza sauce on leading of each and every flatbread. Sprinkle on vegan cheese, then add your favourite toppings! Sliced onions, olives, bell pepper, sweet potato, mushrooms, garlic, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach are scrumptious choices. Bake till the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Vegan Garlic Naan: Add a clove of minced garlic with the oil and almond milk, then adhere to the recipe as directed. Combine melted vegan butter and minced garlic, then brush on the hot naan.
🔪 How To Make Vegan Flatbread
Here’s step-by-step directions with pictures for how to make this skillet flatbread.
Combine Dry Ingredients: In a huge bowl, combine the all-goal flour, baking powder, and salt.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk with each other the oil and almond milk.
Make The Dough: Pour the wet components into the dry and use a wooden spoon to stir. Use your hands to incorporate all the flour and kind a dough.
Knead The Dough: Move the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 3 to 4 minutes till it is smooth. Add more flour as vital.
Let Dough Rest: Place the dough ball into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest for one particular hour.
Cut The Dough: Turn the dough back onto the floured surface and reduce into 4 equal pieces, then roll each and every piece into a ball.
Roll Out Dough: Flour the work surface once more and use a rolling pin to roll out each and every ball into a round shape about 6 inches lengthy. It must be about 1/4 inch thick.
Cook Flatbread: Heat a huge nonstick or cast iron skillet more than medium heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon of oil to the skillet. Add the flatbread dough to the huge skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes or till it starts to brown slightly and puff up.
Flip: Carefully flip this no yeast flatbread more than and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let cool slightly on a cooling rack.
Enjoy warm or cold! I like to serve this skillet rapid bread with vegan butter and a pinch of salt.
No, ordinarily naan bread is created with components like yogurt, butter, and eggs. Some brands are created without the need of animal solutions like Stonefire Organic Naan, but it is very best to often verify labels and ingredient lists to be specific.
Dairy totally free naan bread has a neutral flavor and light texture that goes with virtually any principal dish. It’s best for saucy dishes like vegan thai green curry, vegan eggplant curry, or ginger carrot coconut soup!
Top it with marinara sauce, a selection of distinctive toppings, and vegan cheese for a rapid vegan pizza, or use it to make a veggie wrap. I also like to serve it with hummus and veggies for a rapid snack.
Let the cooked flatbreads come to space temperature then shop in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, spot the naan on a baking sheet and spritz with a pretty modest quantity of cold water. Bake till the naan is warmed by means of – about 3 to 5 minutes.
Yes, naan freezes effectively! Wait for them to cool, then transfer leftover flatbread to a freezer-secure bag or container. Freeze this wholesome flatbread for up to 2 months.
💭 Expert Tips
- Keep the dough balls covered with a tea towel to avoid them from drying out.
- Make confident you let the pan get hot ahead of you add the naan! If the heat is as well low, the naan will dry out alternatively of cooking completely.
- If the dough is as well sticky to knead, oil your hands. This will avoid it from sticking to them.
- You can consume this no yeast flatbread warm or cold, but it tastes astounding even though it is nonetheless warm!
- For very best final results, use a heavy-bottomed cast iron pan. It will give you the very best char on the naan.
🥙 More Easy Flatbreads!
📋 Recipe Card
This vegan flatbread recipe is soft and fluffy, uncomplicated to make, and versatile as well! With just 5 components and no yeast, it really is created with pantry staples and dairy-totally free milk. Enjoy it as the base for pizza, to mop up stews and curries, or as a satisfying snack.
Servings: 4 flatbreads
- Keep the dough balls covered with a kitchen towel or with plastic wrap when not utilizing to avoid them from drying out.
- Try not to have the heat as well low when cooking as this will bring about the flatbreads to dry out as well a great deal.
- Cooked flatbreads can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1flatbread | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: .03g | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: .2g