Super-rapidly dinners that you can have on the table in just ten minutes, with no prep!
No time for chit chat. Ready to get cooking? Here are 10 final-minute dinner tips for you.
The meals on this list have to meet two criteria. First, they’ve gotta be rapidly. Genuinely rapidly. Second, they have to be meals with components I maintain in my pantry and freezer. I usually have frozen veggies. I usually have pasta, I usually have potatoes, and tortillas, and so on.
So, right here they are, straight from my notecards: our preferred 10 Minute Dinners!
#1 Whole Wheat Pasta & Veggies
This is our #1 preferred final-minute meal. We commonly make this dish 90% of the time.
- 1 package entire wheat noodles (I like entire wheat angel hair- only 5 minutes to boil it!)
- 1 bag of frozen veggies.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Include the veggies while you cook the pasta in the pasta water for the complete cooking time. Drain pasta and veggies. Then add:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese (fresh is ideal, but we use what ever we have)
- Optional: If we have any leftover meat from earlier dinners, I’ll heat up the meat (normally chicken) and then throw this in immediately after the noodles are drained.
There are so numerous points I like about this meal, but largely, that my youngsters In no way complain when we consume it. In reality, most nights they will ask for this meal. They normally ask for it by saying, “Can we have angel hairs tonight?” But this is the meal they are referring to. Any noodles with broccoli and parmesan cheese, they will consume!
- Any meat (ground beef, chicken, fish)
- Any bean (black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, black eyed peas)
- Any veggies (tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, peppers, salsa, and so on)
Similar to tacos, but you unquestionably want a tortilla right here. We commonly use this recipe for burritos, but it can be super versatile. We’ll add:
- Meat (optional)
- and in some cases rice
If we want to invest a couple of additional minutes, I’ll wrap up the tortillas with the filling myself, and do fast pan-fry of the tortilla to seal the edge, and make the outdoors a bit crispy!
#4 Anything Breakfast
I have but to meet a kid complain about breakfast for dinner! Whether your youngsters like waffles, pancakes, or egg dishes, 90% of our breakfasts take significantly less than 10 minutes to make! The only point you have to have on hand to make this take place is baking supplies (like flour, milk, salt, and so on.) and eggs!
#5 Sloppy Joes
We stock up on ground beef and ground turkey, so we usually have the components to make these sloppy joes. This recipe is rapidly and only requires a single pan.
Good old, go-to, usually well-known spaghetti! The way we make this a 10 minute dish, is this:
- First, start off your water boiling and cook your pasta. (Again- Whole wheat angel hair is the quickest cooking pasta!)
- Second, chop any veggies you have on hand like bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions!
- Third, when veggies have just begun to wilt (about 3-5 minutes), heat up your spaghetti sauce in the similar skillet. (you can jar your personal or freeze your personal to handle the components, or verify labels to pick out a single low in sugar and sodium. Trader Joe’s has a pasta sauce that we maintain on hand for emergencies like 10 minute meals!)
#7 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
These CAN be wholesome! We do grilled cheese with entire wheat bread, and we add spinach leaves. To make it even additional wholesome and filling, we also add tomato soup for dipping (only if we have some in the freezer. Any time I make tomato soup, we double it and shop half in the freezer for busy nights!)
We make quesadillas just with veggies, beans, tortillas, and cheese! All products we have on hand. Check out our recipe for this a single right here.
#9 Egg Frittatas with greens
This breakfast for dinner is quite filling and quite rapidly! Cooking for the entire family members in a single skillet is also rapidly clean up! We like each. Our Asparagus Frittata (pictured) is the a single we make the most frequently. Recipe right here!
#10 Personal Pizza
Another dish that is so versatile, you can use what’s in your fridge. For a private pizza, we use:
- Whole wheat pitas
- French bread
- English muffins
- Flat bread
- Portabella mushrooms
- Or even zucchini!