This post might include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please study my disclosure.
This scrumptious, homemade, immediate pot apple sauce with cinnamon is quick to cook and is prepared in just 20 minutes! With just 5 easy components, this warm, sweet applesauce is the best healthier snack or dessert. Super kid-friendly but fantastic for adults also!
Healthy applesauce is one particular of my favored side dishes. It’s smooth, sweet, and satisfying, plus you can delight in it year-round! But a lot of retailer-purchased applesauce brands are not that excellent for you!
Most are packed with added sugar and preservatives to retain them shelf-steady. Sometimes they have so considerably added sugar it is as considerably as a candy bar! But apples are naturally sweet – there’s no need to have to add a ton of sugar to this recipe!
Which is why, final season following apple choosing, I decided to make my personal applesauce from scratch at household. I was determined to produce a homemade applesauce recipe that tasted just as excellent as (or greater than!) retailer purchased, but was have to healthier for you.
This Instant pot apple sauce has turn into a new loved ones tradition anytime we have also a lot of apples! It is quick to make and so scrumptious! There’s no need to have to acquire it from the retailer, specially if you have a stress cooker or instant pot! This is the brand of electric pressure cooker I have, and I’m seriously obsessed with it.
Also Read : 25 Best Pita Recipes for Kids
Latest Recipe Video!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup
- Use unpeeled apples for a nutrient-increase
- Pressure cooking simplifies the method
- Perfect for apple season, but fantastic all year round.
- A healthier snack for picky youngsters!
- Super quick recipe
- No need to have to babysit the stove
- Use your favored apples
- The smell of apples is heavenly
- The most effective applesauce in just 40 minutes!
This low calorie applesauce calls for only 5 easy components you can uncover at your nearby grocery retailer. For the complete recipe and nutrition info, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Apples: I applied Fuji Apples but you can use any form of apples you like! Most apple varieties work properly, but sweet apples demand much less added sugar. Fuji apple, Gala, McIntosh, and Golden Delicious are fantastic choices. Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples are each tart apples. I like to use a mixture of apples for the most effective flavor! For a chunky applesauce recipe, use a slightly firm apple like Fuji or Honeycrisp apples.
Water: Water heats the fruit till they get soft. It will give you the appropriate thickness also. For a sweeter dish, replace the water with apple juice or apple cider.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is optional but extremely suggested! The warmth of the cinnamon pairs so properly with this recipe, plus it is packed with antioxidants! I applied ground cinnamon but you could also just throw in a cinnamon stick if you do not have the ground assortment.
Honey: For a tiny quantity of sweetness! For a vegan alternative, white sugar, brown sugar, or maple syrup work also.
Salt: A pinch of salt accentuates sweetness!
- Sugar Free Apple Sauce: One tablespoon of honey adds 2.8 grams of added sugar per serving. For a sugar free of charge applesauce recipe, omit the honey!
- Vegan Apple Sauce: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
- Cranberry Applesauce: Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries and 1/4 cup of sugar. Cranberries are rather tart!
- Strawberry Applesauce: Add 3 cups of diced strawberries to the pot with the rest of the components.
- Peach Applesauce: Add 12 ounces of frozen peaches to the pot with the apples.
- Spiced Applesauce: Replace the cinnamon with apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice.
- Variety of Apples: Different apples will give this recipe unique levels of sweetness! Use a mix of apples for a sweet however tart flavor combo!
This homemade applesauce recipe is a breeze to make! Here’s how:
Prep: You can peel the apples, but it is not important. The peels are loaded with immune-boosting vitamins A, C, and K. Cut them into even-sized chunks.
Place in Instant Pot: Dump the apples into the immediate pot and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Pour in the honey or maple syrup, and one particular cup of water, then stir properly.
Cook: Place the lid on the stress cooker. Set the stress cook valve to sealing. Set it for 5 minutes on higher stress.
Release Pressure: Once the cooking time is up, let for organic stress release for 5 minutes.
Then turn the valve to venting to do a swift release and let all of the stress to release.
Mash: Carefully open the lid away from your face so the steam does not hit you. The easiest way to mash the cooked apples is with a potato masher — retain mashing till you attain the preferred consistency.
For chunky applesauce texture, only partially mash. For smooth applesauce, blend with an immersion blender.
Serve: Enjoy this quick immediate pot applesauce recipe warm or chilled!
❓ Recipe FAQs
Absolutely! Kids Adore this scrumptious applesauce, and when you make it at household you can manage how considerably added sugar ends up in this recipe. Sometimes when I make this for my kiddos, I do not add any honey. I combine apples and ripe pears (for some organic added sweetness), then I add cinnamon and nutmeg and cook it all with each other in the Instant Pot. It turns out fantastic and they feel it is dessert!
Applesauce is so versatile – you can consume it on its personal or delight in it with breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Here are some enjoyable techniques to use applesauce:
– As a topping for oatmeal in spot of sugar, or as a topping for pancakes/waffles alternatively of syrup!
– Paired with potato pancakes
– Added to a smoothie or stirred into plain yogurt
– Paired with a tangy cheese like Manchego or Sharp Cheddar
– As a replacement for butter to lighten up baked goods!
Cinnamon applesauce will final in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also can the applesauce in a water-bath canner. Canned applesauce is excellent for up to one particular year. Store it in a cool, dry spot.
The longer you cook applesauce, the thicker it will get. If your applesauce is also thin, cook it in a saucepot on medium-low heat, stirring sometimes. Once it reaches the preferred consistency, take away it from the heat and delight in. Alternatively, you can cook it down appropriate in the immediate pot. Set the stress cooker to sauté and cook it down till it is thick.
💭 Expert Tips
- You can add fresh lemon juice to your applesauce if you’d like! It’s not important to preserve the applesauce but it’ll give it a tangy flavor, which pairs nicely with the sweetness of the apples
- If the applesauce is also thin for your taste you can set the stress cooker to sauté and cook it down to your preferred thickness.
- The honey is optional! I use the honey (or maple syrup) when I’m preparing to serve it as a dessert, or for a party. If I’m producing it at household for my youngsters – or making use of it as infant meals, I’ll omit the honey altogether.
- Applesauce can also be created in the slow cooker. Place all the components in the crockpot and set it on higher for 4 hours. Stir sometimes and then mash when the time is up.
- Delicious homemade applesauce tends to make fantastic gifts! Make a large batch and spot it in decorated jars for a present.
🍎 More Apple Recipes!
📋 Recipe Card
Instant Pot Applesauce With Cinnamon
This scrumptious, homemade, immediate pot applesauce with cinnamon and honey is one particular of the easiest factors to cook and is prepared in just 20 minutes!
- This recipe performs properly with Fuji, red gala, red scrumptious, golden scrumptious, or McIntosh apples.
- You can add fresh lemon juice to your applesauce if you’d like! It’s not important to preserve the applesauce but it’ll give it more of a tangy flavor, which can pair nicely with the sweetness of the apples
- Don’t overlook the salt! It brings out the flavor of the apples genuinely properly – tends to make for a fully unique dish.
- If the applesauce is also liquidy for your taste you can set the stress cooker to sauté and cook it down to your preferred thickness.
- The honey is optional! I use the honey when I’m preparing to serve it as a dessert, or for a party. If I’m producing it at household for my youngsters – or making use of it as infant meals, I’ll omit the honey altogether.
- For storage: this applesauce will retain in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week — if it lasts you that extended! 🙂
Note: This recipe has 2.8g added sugar. If you do not add honey, it has 0g added sugar. Nutrition info above consists of honey.
Serving: .66cup | Calories: 89.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.9g | Protein: .4g | Fat: .2g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 164.8mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 18.7g