If you hadn’t noticed, we’re on a bit of a wine cork craft kick right here.
A couple of weeks ago, we created these adorable cork nutcracker and clothespin ornaments and yesterday, we created this amazing wine cork menorah.
Now, you may possibly be asking yourself just how a great deal wine-drinking goes on right here, but honestly, my good friends collected a substantial bucket of corks for me a handful of years ago, pondering we could use them for crafts right here in m daycare, and we surely have.
We’ve created a ton of crafts with them (I’ve listed a handful of at the bottom of this post), and we use them in our sensory bins and water bins. We’ve even employed them for stamping.
They’ve come in extremely handy certainly.
Our newest cork craft is this adorable santa ornament. Or should really I say double Santa ornament: two sweet Santa faces suspended collectively on a string so you can drape them more than a branch on your Christmas tree.
I’ve really had them hanging from a knob on my china cabinet for the previous week, and they looked fairly cute there as well.
Give as an add-on with a bottle of wine!
Wouldn’t these be fantastic add-on gifts to give when you are providing a bottle of wine this Christmas?
I’ll show you how to make them. They’re speedy (when the paint dries), and super-straightforward.
- 2 wine corks
- red paint, flesh-coloured paint
- craft varnish (optional)
- pom pom
- cotton balls
- googly eyes
- craft gems
- metallic thread for hanging
How to Make Wine Cork Santas:
- Paint the top rated half of the wine corks red and the bottom half flesh-coloured. Allow to dry.
- Once dry, brush a coat of clear craft varnish more than the cork if you want to add some sheen and protection.
- Glue a pom pom to the top rated of the Santas’ hats.
- Stretch out a cotton ball, and glue that across the bottom of the hat.
- Glue on a couple of eyes and a red jewel nose.
- Glue a different cotton ball on for a beard.
- Attach the two Santas by gluing your hanging string to the tops of each of your homes.
Keep your eye on the weblog! We have a wine cork post coming up!
Cheers and pleased crafting!