This post may well include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please study my disclosure.
Delicious vegan tomato soup is creamy, satisfying, and complete of sweet tomatoes! This rustic soup is thickened with brown rice rather of heavy cream. Serve with crusty bread or a vegan grilled cheese sandwich for a hearty lunch or dinner!
One of our guilty pleasures is homemade vegan tomato bisque. Most creamy tomato soups are heavy, thanks to the addition of butter and cream. I like to give it a healthier upgrade by employing a secret ingredient in location of cream.
For this lighter, vegan roasted tomato soup, I roast the tomatoes initially. The tomatoes shrivel and caramelize for a deep, sweet flavor! Brown rice, my secret ingredient, thickens this uncomplicated soup to make it creamy, and then I puree it appropriate in the pot.
The outcome is the most best, creamy vegan tomato soup recipe, even superior than the sort you’d get at your favourite restaurant. I major it with a dollop of vegan yogurt and some chives or fresh parsley for a touch of green! I cannot appear to get adequate of this plant-primarily based tomato soup. It’s creamy, hearty, and healthier as well!
Latest Recipe Video!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Creamy soup with no butter or cream
- The greatest vegan tomato soup!
- Easy meal that is packed with flavor
- Made with wholesome, plant-primarily based components
- Comforting with a wealthy taste
- Only 8 components, like salt and pepper!
This vegan roasted tomato soup calls for straightforward components you can uncover at your regional grocery shop. For the complete ingredient list and nutritional info, see the recipe card under!
Fresh Tomatoes: Roasted tomatoes add that one thing additional! Cherry tomatoes are naturally sweet and terrific for roasting. If you cannot uncover them, grape tomatoes work as well.
Garlic: Garlic adds a sweet and nutty flavor to soup. Eight cloves may well appear excessive, but fresh garlic mellows and sweetens as it cooks.
Brown Rice: Brown rice thickens this non-dairy tomato soup without the need of the want for butter or cream. As the soup cooks, the starches in the brown rice release, making a smooth soup when pureed.
Vegetable Stock: Vegetable broth is the flavorful base for this healthier tomato soup. If you are not vegan, chicken broth performs terrific as well.
Fire Roasted Tomatoes: Fire roasted tomatoes have a sweet and smoky taste to them. It’s a swift shortcut that brings even more flavor! Canned entire tomatoes can be utilized as well. San Marzano tomatoes are a well-liked selection for their sweet taste and low acidity.
Seasoning: Don’t neglect to season the soup! Salt enhances components although black pepper adds a bold spice. For more heat, add a 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Italian seasoning tends to make a terrific addition as well.
Chives: For a green colour and mild onion flavor.
Vegan cream of tomato soup is comfort meals at its greatest! Try one particular of these unforgettable combinations for a small one thing additional.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, or mint all make terrific additions. Vegan tomato basil soup is a classic for a explanation!
- Pesto: Top with a drizzle of vegan pesto and roasted pine nuts.
- Homemade croutons: Toss cubed bread with olive oil and seasonings then bake at 400 degrees till golden brown and crisp – about 12 minutes. For cheese croutons, add 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast with the olive oil.
- Toast: Toasted bread is the best complement to soup! Cut it into strips for uncomplicated dunking!
- Vegan Parmesan: Sprinkle vegan cheese on major of the hot soup till melted.
- Add Protein: One of my favourite methods to amp up the protein in this recipe is to add one particular 15oz can of white beans into this soup although it is simmering. The beans will just add more creaminess to the soup when they are pureed.
- Cashew Cream: Drizzle cashew cream on major!
- Extra Veggies: You can sneak in more veggies into this soup like red bell peppers and child spinach! Once each of these are cooked down and pureed, you will not be capable to taste them at all. Be certain to adjust seasonings if you are adding additional components even though, so it is not bland!
- Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle balsamic vinegar on major for a sweet however acidic punch.
- Plant Milk: Stir in complete-fat or light coconut milk for additional creaminess! Other sorts of non-dairy milk (like almond milk or soy milk) can also be utilized, but it will not be pretty as creamy.
- Tomato Paste: For an intense tomato flavor, add a tablespoon or two of tomato paste.
Homemade vegan tomato soup shouldn’t be tough to make! Follow these straightforward measures for a hearty bowl of soup.
Cut Tomatoes, Coat & Season: Preheat the oven, then reduce your tomatoes in half. Arrange them on a baking sheet. Spray the tomatoes with cooking spray then season with salt and pepper. You can toss them in olive oil or melted coconut oil in location of the cooking spray if you favor. This step encourages them to caramelize in the oven.
Roast Tomatoes: Roast till the tomatoes are lightly charred and slightly shriveled. Reserve the juices for the soup.
Combine Ingredients In Pot: In a huge pot or dutch oven, heat some olive oil or vegan butter more than medium heat. Add the tomatoes, rice, garlic, veggie broth, and seasoning to the pot.
Simmer: Stir and bring the mixture to a boil on medium higher heat. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
Blend Soup: Use an immersion blender to puree the soup appropriate in the pot. If you do not have a stick blender, very carefully transfer the hot liquid to a higher-speed blender or meals processor and puree.
Note: If employing a common blender, I suggest pureeing in batches – beginning on a low speed and bringing it up to a higher speed. You can also hold a kitchen towel more than the major of the blender so that the soup does not splatter when you blend it.
Enjoy Warm! Carefully divide the hot soup into 4 person serving bowls, major with chives or fresh parsley if preferred.
❓ Recipe FAQs
This uncomplicated vegan tomato soup is naturally sweet from the flavors of the tomatoes and creamy from the brown rice. It’s a satisfying kid-friendly soup for all ages. My little ones like sopping it up with a massive chunk of entire wheat bread.
While the components listed in Campbells tomato soup are free of charge from animal goods, it is a considerably healthier and tastier alternative to make your personal at dwelling. Free from preservatives, with significantly less sodium, and fresh components, generating your personal tomato soup is straightforward, scrumptious, and a healthier option to canned.
Store tomato soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a huge saucepan on the stovetop on medium-low heat.
Yes, I like to meal prep a double batch and freeze the leftover soup. Simply let the soup cool entirely just after cooking and then pour into an airtight container or portion into Ziplock bags. The soup will hold for 3 months in the freezer, completely defrost prior to gently reheating.
A light and crunchy chopped salad, a loaf of freshly baked crusty bread, grilled cheese sandwiches, or a hearty kale winter salad taste scrumptious alongside soup! For a more refined presentation, swirl some red wine vinegar into the soup and serve with torn basil leaves and a toasted entire wheat baguette.
💭 Expert Tips
- Use ripe tomatoes for roasting, they are naturally sweeter.
- Use an immersion blender to blend in the pot, or pour the soup into a higher-speed or common blender and blend in batches.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar or maple syrup if the acidity of the tomatoes tastes overpowering.
- If you want a soup that is additional creamy, stir in vegan plain yogurt or canned coconut milk.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
- For greatest final results, use canned as properly as fresh tomatoes. The consistency will be superior!
🍲 More Soup Recipes!
📋 Recipe Card
Roasted Vegan Tomato Soup With Garlic
This scrumptious vegan tomato soup with garlic is complete of healthier components. It’s creamy and complete of flavor without the need of the cream.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your tomatoes in half and arrange on a baking sheet.
Coat tomatoes with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or till tomatoes are lightly charred. Reserve juices.
Heat olive oil in a huge pot more than medium heat. Add roasted tomatoes, garlic, rice, vegetable stock, fire roasted diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the pot.
Bring to a boil, minimize heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot.
Divide into 4 bowls, major with chives or fresh parsley if preferred.
- Use ripe tomatoes for roasting, they will have more flavor.
- Use an immersion blender to blend in the pot, or pour the soup into a higher speed or stand blender and blend in batches.
- Use a mixture of the fresh entire roasted tomatoes and canned fire roasted tomatoes for a balanced flavor.
- Fresh herbs with this soup make it spectacular. Some of my favorites to add are basil rosemary, thyme, chives, parsley, or even mint!
- If you want a soup that is additional creamy, stir in vegan plain yogurt.
- Drizzle a bit of of balsamic vinegar on major for a bit of tartness.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
Adapted from CookingLight
Serving: 1.25cups | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.4g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 1.4g | Saturated Fat: .2g | Sodium: 438.4mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 5.5g