This Ground Turkey Stroganoff requires a classic loved ones favored recipe and makes use of wholesome, genuine meals components. You will not obtain canned cream of something soup in this recipe! The flavor is excellent and comes with each other in significantly less than 30 minutes.
Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
This Turkey Stroganoff is comfort meals complete of nutritious components and packed with flavor. It is created with lean ground turkey, mushrooms, flavorful spices and completed with creamy Greek yogurt. I enjoy dinners like this that the complete loved ones appears forward to consuming and come with each other truly speedy.
I like to serve this stroganoff more than egg noodles, but you can also serve more than rice, mashed potatoes, quinoa, polenta, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice as an option.
Ingredients for Turkey Stroganoff
The majority of the components required for this stroganoff recipe are spices which you most most likely have in your pantry currently.
- Onion – you can use white or yellow for this recipe
- Mushrooms – white or crimini mushrooms work properly in this recipe. If you can get them pre-sliced from the retailer, even far better!
- Ground Turkey – most ground turkey readily available is 93% lean which is a excellent choice for this recipe. You can obtain 99% lean, but it tends to be a lot drier when cooked.
- Spices – salt, pepper, ground thyme, paprika
- Dijon Mustard – has a really mild spice with a creamier texture than frequent mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce – provides this recipe depth with its special flavor and fascinating vinegar tang
- Beef Broth
- Greek Yogurt – class stroganoff calls for sour cream. I favor Greek yogurt since it provides the similar creaminess, tangy flavor, but adds protein and calcium.
- Egg Noodles – these kind of noodles have the similar base as frequent pasta, but have more egg mixed in when they are created. Stroganoff is classically served more than egg noodles.
How to Make Ground Turkey Stroganoff
The whole stroganoff recipe is created in 1 pot or skillet and comes with each other in just beneath 30 minutes.
- In a substantial skillet, heat the oil or butter more than medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, till softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook one more 5-6 minutes till they have cooked down.
- Add the garlic and ground turkey and cook till the turkey is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and flour to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring sometimes, till the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Stir the Greek yogurt into the turkey mixture and cook till heated via, one more minute.
- Serve more than the egg noodles.
Can I Use Ground Turkey For Stroganoff
Absolutely yes! Many men and women favor the texture and flavor of ground turkey more than ground beef. Ground turkey cooks the similar and be applied just like ground beef in any recipe. These are some of the nutrition qualities of ground turkey:
- Lower in fat and calories – turkeys are frequently a leaner animal. Depending on if the ground turkey is created of white or dark meat will decide the fat and calorie content. It is also stated on the label. My preference is 93% lean ground turkey for cooking with.
- Protein – ground turkey is a excellent supply of protein with 22 grams of protein per 4 ounce serving
- Iron – ground turkey is a excellent supply of iron
- Niacin – ground turkey is higher in niacin which is a B vitamin that assistance turn meals into power. It aids maintain your nervous program, digestive program and skin wholesome.
What Should I Serve with Turkey Stroganoff
Class stroganoff is served more than egg noodles. If you are searching for a gluten absolutely free option or just favor to serve it more than anything other than pasta, right here are some concepts:
- steamed rice
- mashed potatoes
- zucchini noodles
- cauliflower rice
Some Side Dish concepts to make this a comprehensive meal:
Can I Freeze Turkey Stroganoff?
Yes you surely can freeze the stroganoff just after it is created. The only adjustments you will require to make are to leave out the Greek yogurt when you are initially creating it. Dairy tends to curdle when frozen and reheated. After you reheat the turkey mixture, add the Greek yogurt prior to serving.
Store in an airtight container and it need to keep excellent in your freezer up to 3 months. When you are prepared to consume it, let it thaw in your fridge overnight and then reheat in a pan to serve.
More Favorite Quick Dinner Recipes
- Easy Weeknight Veggie Gnocchi – A wholesome and scrumptious meal you can have on the table in just 20 minutes, thanks to retailer purchased complete wheat gnocchi! Try this quick weeknight dinner that is cooked in an quick and veggie-packed tomato sauce.
- Skillet Enchiladas – Your next Taco Tuesday recipe is right here! Warm, bubbly Mexican Skillet packs in veggies and beans for a comprehensive, vegetarian, 1-pan meal.
- Healthy Turkey Sloppy Joes – Healthy Turkey Sloppy Joes piled higher in complete wheat buns make a quick, entertaining, and nourishing weeknight dinner.
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter
- 1 little onion, chopped about 1/2 cup
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
In a substantial skillet, heat the oil or butter more than medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, till softened.
Add the mushrooms and cook one more 5-6 minutes till they have cooked down.
Add the garlic and ground turkey and cook till the turkey is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and flour to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
Stir in the broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring sometimes, till the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
Stir the Greek yogurt into the turkey mixture and cook till heated via, one more minute.
Serve more than the egg noodles. Enjoy!
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Here you will obtain lots of scrumptious recipes complete of fruits and veggies, guidelines for having your children to consume far better and turn out to be intuitive eaters and lots of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Learn More about Natalie