Packed with fresh veggies and a generous layer of homemade herbed cream cheese- this is one Veggie Sandwich that won’t leave you feeling hungry. It’s loaded with flavor and oh-so delicious!
Deliciously Fresh and Flavorful Veggie Sandwich
We eat a lot of sandwiches at our house. They are fast, easy, filling, and perfect for home or lunch on the go. And while we often stick to the basics- turkey, peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese– I wanted to play around with something a little extra.
This Veggie Sandwich is the thing dreams are made of. So insanely flavorful, and packed with as many vegetables as I could squeeze in. And the herbed cream cheese is easy to make, but totally takes it to the next level. And the whole thing comes together so quickly! It’s a bistro-worthy sandwich that won’t break the bank, and can be on your plate in 10 minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make This Veggie Sandwich:
Herbed Cream Cheese:
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make a Veggie Sandwich with Herbed Cream Cheese:
- Make the herbed cream cheese. We used whipped cream cheese, which is nice and spreadable right out of the fridge. If using regular cream cheese, soften slightly. Put the cream cheese in a small bowl. Mince the fresh herbs and add to the cream cheese along with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Slice the veggies. Slice the avocado, tomato, and cucumber. Shred carrot.
- Assemble the sandwich. Spread your bread with a generous layer of cream cheese. We put cream cheese on the top and bottom slice of bread, but you do you! Top with sliced cheese, avocado, lettuce, pickles, shredded carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Devour. Enjoy the very best veggie sandwich you have ever eaten.
Tips & Suggestions:
- This recipe makes a delicious wrap. And it travels great too!
- Try swiss, gouda, or monterey jack cheese in place of the provolone.
- Play with the veggies! Other yummy options are spinach, radishes, olives, artichokes, bell peppers, or red onion.
- Sourdough or rye bread are also delicious with this sandwich.
- Serve the herbed cream cheese as a cracker spread.
Also Read : 18 Fun Arts and Crafts for Tweens
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes:
Veggie Sandwich with Herbed Cream Cheese
This Veggie Sandwich with hearty whole grain bread, layers of fresh veggies and homemade herbed cream cheese is delicious and so satisfying!
Servings: 4 servings
For the Herbed Cream Cheese
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, chopped herbs, garlic powder and lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Lay out bread slices and spread cream cheese mixture on bowl sides of the bread. Next add cheese slices, avocado slices, pickles, cucumbers, tomatoes, grated carrot, and a lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Sliced the sandwiches in half and enjoy!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 14453IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 2mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.
Cartoon Character For Birthday Party | Noida | Birthday Wishes For Best Friend
Learn More about Natalie