This Scented Pumpkin Pie Craft is painted on a paper plate “crust” and topped with dollops of cotton ball or pom pom “whipped cream”. It’s the proper enjoyable and simple Thanksgiving craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
The different day we made a pumpkin pie craft with puffy paint whipped cream on prime. It was super-cute, but it surely bought me fascinated with lecturers and fogeys who aren’t permitted, or choose to not use shaving cream for teenagers’ crafts.
Cotton balls have been the plain and simple various. When you pull and stretch a cotton ball, it seems to be virtually precisely like a dollop of whipped cream.
Then I thought of the truth that some youngsters and adults can’t stand the texture of cotton balls, so I rifled by means of the craft cabinets for an additional various.
White tissue paper could be a superb one, however consider it or not, I didn’t have any available, so we opted for white pom poms.
They seem like little dots of whipped cream, proper?
Like our different pumpkin pie craft, we scented our paint with pumpkin pie spice, which added a pleasant cinnamon color to our paint and made our craft odor oh-so-lovely.
So now you will have choices for topping in your youngsters’ pumpkin pie crafts this Thanksgiving. 🙂
Keep your eyes on the weblog… we’ve got another pumpkin pie craft arising earlier than Thanksgiving. This time, we’ll be utilizing home-made puffy paint for the filling.
Pumpkin Pie Craft with Cotton Balls or Pompoms
- paper plate
- orange and brown paint
- pumpkin pie spice
- paint brushes
- cotton balls or white pom poms
- Paint the rim of the paper pate with brown paint. This would be the crust of your pie.
- Mix collectively some orange paint and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you’ll be able to simply use floor cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves.
- Fill in the remainder of the plate with this paint/spice combination.
- With a pencil, draw traces in your pie to divide it into 6 slices. Have your little one paint over these traces with brown paint and a tremendous paint brush.
- Finish by gluing a cotton ball (stretched and fluffed) or just a few pom poms to every slice of pie.