First, ascertain how substantially your symptoms interfere with your every day life.
Do I have mild symptoms that have lasted for significantly less than 2 weeks?
- Feeling a tiny down
- Feeling down, but nevertheless capable to do job, schoolwork, or housework
- Some problems sleeping
- Feeling down, but nevertheless capable to take care of your self or take care of other individuals
If so, right here are some self-care activities that can assist:
- Exercising (e.g., aerobics, yoga)
- Engaging in social speak to (virtual or in particular person)
- Getting sufficient sleep on a common schedule
- Eating wholesome
- Talking to a trusted buddy or loved ones member
- Practicing meditation, relaxation, and mindfulness
If the symptoms above do not strengthen or look to be worsening in spite of self-care efforts, speak to your wellness care provider.
Do I have extreme symptoms that have lasted 2 weeks or additional?
- Difficulty sleeping
- Appetite adjustments that outcome in undesirable weight adjustments
- Struggling to get out of bed in the morning due to the fact of mood
- Difficulty concentrating
- Loss of interest in points you commonly come across enjoyable
- Unable to execute usual every day functions and responsibilities
- Thoughts of death or self-harm
Seek specialist assist:
- Psychotherapy (speak therapy)—virtual or in particular person person, group, or loved ones
- Brain stimulation therapies
Share the Infographic on Social Media
Find additional sources to share on social media.