This sweet, wealthy, and creamy banana pudding recipe goes light on added sugars and huge on fresh banana flavor! Whip up this kid-friendly fruit dessert in beneath 15 minutes, then chill it for an immediately after-dinner treat.
For chocolate lovers, attempt our Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse.
Pudding is an underappreciated dessert. And that is almost certainly since when we consider of pudding, a lot of us consider of the immediate sort that comes in a box or a plastic cup: gelatinous, overly sweet, with a lingering taste of “fake food.”
Kids may possibly consume immediate pudding and shop-purchased pudding cups, but there are so a lot of factors to share excellent, homemade pudding with them! Here’s a single you will not want to miss.
This pudding is wealthy, creamy, super-fresh, and topped with actual fresh bananas and whipped cream. And it requires just minutes to make! Try it your self, and share the god stuff with your youngsters.
5 Reasons to Love This Banana Pudding Recipe
- With just 1/4 cup of added sugars in the complete recipe, this dessert has significantly less sugar than most desserts.
- The pudding is certainly scrumptious: sweet, creamy, and so fresh you will wonder why you ever purchased immediate pudding.
- This pudding lets you add an additional serving of fruit to your kids’ day.
- It has no artificial components or flavorings.
- It’s speedy and simple to make on your stove-major in significantly less than 10 minutes!
Tips for Making Great Banana Pudding
If you have in no way created homemade pudding prior to, you may possibly not comprehend how insanely simple it is to make. If you have 10 minutes, you can have this pudding chilling in your fridge. It’s that quick!
The standard procedure goes like this: whisk the components collectively in a saucepan, simmer till the mixture thickens, then place the pudding in serving dishes and pop it in the fridge.
Here are a couple of information that assist you have the ideal practical experience producing this banana pudding recipe:
- Add all your components to a saucepan at the identical time and whisk them collectively Ahead of heating. This keeps your pudding super smooth-and lump-totally free.
- Once the pudding begins to simmer, keep at the stove and whisk it more or significantly less continually. You genuinely only require to whisk like this for 3-4 minutes.
- Watch out for splatters! When the pudding is just about performed, the bubbles can get started to pop out of the saucepan. If your youngsters are assisting, assist them steer clear.
- Chill the pudding for a couple hours and add bananas till just prior to serving. (If you portion the pudding into person cups, it’ll chill more quickly. If it is in on huge serving bowl, it may possibly take a tiny longer.)
- Have entertaining with presentation! You can layer the bananas and pudding like a parfait, major it with whipped cream, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate.
More Healthy Desserts Kids Love
Lower Sugar Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Frosting
Double Chocolate Banana Cake
How to Make Perfect Chia Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 substantial bananas for slicing
In a medium saucepan whisk collectively sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, vanilla, and egg yolks.
Cook more than medium heat, whisking regularly. Cook till bubbly and mixture starts to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer the pudding into a serving bowl or person cups. Chill to preferred temperature, then location sliced bananas on major and serve instantly.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g