This sweet, wealthy, and creamy banana pudding recipe goes light on added sugars and large on fresh banana flavor! Whip up this kid-friendly fruit dessert in below 15 minutes, then chill it for an following-dinner treat.
For chocolate lovers, attempt our Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse.
Pudding is an underappreciated dessert. And that is likely for the reason that when we feel of pudding, a lot of us feel of the immediate type that comes in a box or a plastic cup: gelatinous, overly sweet, with a lingering taste of “fake food.”
Kids could consume immediate pudding and shop-purchased pudding cups, but there are so a lot of motives to share superior, homemade pudding with them! Here’s one particular you will not want to miss.
This pudding is wealthy, creamy, super-fresh, and topped with true fresh bananas and whipped cream. And it requires just minutes to make! Try it oneself, and share the god stuff with your children.
5 Reasons to Love This Banana Pudding Recipe
- With just 1/4 cup of added sugars in the complete recipe, this dessert has significantly less sugar than most desserts.
- The pudding is completely scrumptious: sweet, creamy, and so fresh you will wonder why you ever purchased immediate pudding.
- This pudding lets you add an additional serving of fruit to your kids’ day.
- It has no artificial components or flavorings.
- It’s speedy and uncomplicated to make on your stove-best in significantly less than 10 minutes!
Tips for Making Great Banana Pudding
If you have in no way created homemade pudding ahead of, you could not understand how insanely uncomplicated it is to make. If you have 10 minutes, you can have this pudding chilling in your fridge. It’s that speedy!
The standard procedure goes like this: whisk the components collectively in a saucepan, simmer till the mixture thickens, then place the pudding in serving dishes and pop it in the fridge.
Here are a couple of particulars that aid you have the most effective encounter creating this banana pudding recipe:
- Add all your components to a saucepan at the similar time and whisk them collectively Just before heating. This keeps your pudding super smooth-and lump-no cost.
- Once the pudding begins to simmer, keep at the stove and whisk it more or significantly less continually. You truly only have to have to whisk like this for 3-4 minutes.
- Watch out for splatters! When the pudding is just about carried out, the bubbles can get started to pop out of the saucepan. If your children are assisting, aid them steer clear.
- Chill the pudding for a couple hours and add bananas till just ahead of serving. (If you portion the pudding into person cups, it’ll chill quicker. If it is in on large serving bowl, it could take a small longer.)
- Have entertaining with presentation! You can layer the bananas and pudding like a parfait, best it with whipped cream, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate.
More Healthy Desserts Kids Love
Lower Sugar Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Frosting
Double Chocolate Banana Cake
How to Make Perfect Chia Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 significant bananas for slicing
- In a medium saucepan whisk collectively sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, vanilla, and egg yolks.
Cook more than medium heat, whisking regularly. Cook till bubbly and mixture starts to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the pudding into a serving bowl or person cups. Chill to preferred temperature, then spot sliced bananas on best and serve quickly.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g