This sweet, wealthy, and Homemade Banana Pudding goes light on added sugars and huge on fresh banana flavor! Whip up this banana pudding from scratch in below 15 minutes, then chill it for an following-dinner treat.
For chocolate lovers, attempt our Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse.
Banana Pudding Recipe
Pudding is an underappreciated dessert. And that is almost certainly simply because when we believe of pudding, a lot of us believe of the immediate sort that comes in a box or a plastic cup: gelatinous, overly sweet, with a lingering taste of “fake food.”
Homemade pudding is a lot less difficult to make than you may well believe. It has just 5 uncomplicated components and the flavor is so very good you may well in no way purchase the boxed stuff once more. I experimented with this recipe dozens of instances to attempt and incorporate bananas into the pudding, and this final recipe was definitely the greatest of the greatest.
This pudding is wealthy, creamy, super-fresh, and topped with actual fresh bananas and whipped cream. And it requires just minutes to make! Try it oneself, and share the very good stuff with your youngsters.
Ingredients for Homemade Banana Pudding
- Whole Milk – you can use 2% milk, but I wouldn’t advise making use of any reduce fat milk than that. The entire milk offers this pudding its creamy texture and wealthy flavor.
- Sugar – granulated sugar is what you will have to have for this recipe. You will be shocked how a lot significantly less sugar is necessary to make this pudding completely sweet, but not overly sweet.
- Egg Yolks – the yolks give pudding a wealthy tasting velvety texture and deeper yellow colour.
- Cornstarch – aids to thicken the pudding
- Vanilla – pure vanilla is a must have for this recipe!
- Salt – aids to bring out the all round flavor profile
- Bananas – the star of this pudding recipe! Use bananas that are not overly ripe, but undoubtedly ripe sufficient to be sweet.
How to Make the Best Banana Pudding
If you have in no way produced homemade pudding just before, you may well not recognize how insanely uncomplicated it is to make. If you have 10 minutes, you can have this pudding chilling in your fridge. It’s that rapid!
The standard method goes like this: whisk the components with each other in a saucepan, simmer till the mixture thickens, then place the pudding in serving dishes and pop it in the fridge.
Here are a couple of information that aid you have the greatest practical experience creating this banana pudding recipe:
- Add all your components to a saucepan at the identical time and whisk them with each other Ahead of heating. This keeps your pudding super smooth-and lump-cost-free.
- Once the pudding begins to simmer, remain at the stove and whisk it more or significantly less continually. You actually only have to have to whisk like this for 3-4 minutes.
- Watch out for splatters! When the pudding is just about performed, the bubbles can start out to pop out of the saucepan. If your youngsters are assisting, aid them steer clear.
- Chill the pudding for a couple hours and add bananas till just just before serving. (If you portion the pudding into person cups, it’ll chill more quickly. If it is in on huge serving bowl, it may well take a tiny longer.)
- Have enjoyable with presentation! You can layer the bananas and pudding like a parfait, top rated it with whipped cream, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Banana Pudding From Scratch
Making homemade banana pudding from scratch is the greatest and I’ll inform you why:
- With just 1/4 cup of added sugars in the complete recipe, this dessert has significantly less sugar than most desserts.
- The pudding is definitely scrumptious: sweet, creamy, and so fresh you will wonder why you ever purchased immediate pudding.
- This pudding lets you add an additional serving of fruit to your kids’ day.
- It has no artificial components or flavorings.
- It’s swift and uncomplicated to make on your stove-top rated in significantly less than 10 minutes!
More Healthy Desserts Kids Love
- 2 cups entire milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 significant egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 significant bananas
- whip cream for serving, optional
In a medium saucepan whisk with each other sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, vanilla, and egg yolks.
Cook more than medium heat, whisking often. Cook till bubbly and mixture starts to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer the pudding into a serving bowl or person cups. Chill to preferred temperature, then spot sliced bananas on top rated and serve right away.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of meals and sturdy promoter of wholesome habits. Here you will come across lots of scrumptious recipes complete of fruits and veggies, recommendations for obtaining your youngsters to consume greater and develop into intuitive eaters and lots of sources for feeding your household.
Learn More about Natalie