This quick Apple Snack is a yummy balanced snack for soon after-college, prior to bedtime or prior to a sports occasion!
Apples Wedges Snack
Fruit, with its all-natural sweetness, fiber, low calories, and selection of minerals and vitamins is a good snack particularly when paired with a protein. You can consist of a selection of toppings and flavors and let your youngsters make their personal. When youngsters have some autonomy with meals possibilities, study shows they are significantly more most likely to consume much better.
Apples and peanut butter make a completely balanced snack with carbs + protein and vitamins and minerals. This balance assists youngsters to really feel fuller longer, and also offers them the sustainable power they will need to play, do homework, or practice for sports, dance and other athletic activities.
How to Make Apple Snacks
To make this apple snack, you only will need two points. You will need a spread (or a dip) and a topping. We have utilized a selection of spreads which includes:
- Slice an apple. This is my favourite apple slicer due to the fact it tends to make smaller sized slices that are quick for youngsters to bit into.
- Soak in a bowl for a handful of minutes with cold water and a handful of drops of lemon juice.
- Dry completely prior to attempting to place on any spread .
- Spread either all all-natural peanut butter, or your favourite nut butter.
- Press into a bowl of toppings or sprinkle on prime of the nut butter. Enjoy!
What are the Best Toppings for Apple Snacks?
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is good due to the fact it balances this snack with some protein from the nuts. You can make your personal peanut butter, or uncover some industrial peanut butter that has a single ingredient: Peanuts!
- Almond butter: Like peanut butter, almond butter also consists of protein, and tends to make a good dip or spread for apples. We have a recipe for gourmet almond butter which you have got to attempt!
- Yogurt: We like flavored fruit yogurts, but plain or vanilla also taste good on apples, based on what your toppings will be.
- Sunflower butter: If your youngsters have an allergy to nuts, our cinnamon sunbutter recipe is out of this globe!
- Pecan butter: Try this pecan butter for a distinctive dip or spread!
- shredded coconut
- mini m&ms
- crushed nuts
- mini chocolate chips
- crushed graham crackers
- freeze dried fruit
- sunflower seeds
- toasted wheat germ
- raisins or craisins
- ground flax
- sliced almonds
- white chocolate chips
Questions and Tips for Making Apple Wedge Snacks
- What is the very best way to preserve apples from turning brown? Soak apple slices in a answer of saltwater with a ratio of 1/2 tsp kosher salt per cup of water for up to 10 minutes.
- Are apples and peanut butter a healthful snack? The balance of apples and peanut butter with each other build a satisfying and healthful snack. Apples provide a supply of sustainable carbs and fiber, whilst peanut butter gives further fiber plus a hefty dose of healthful fats and protein to preserve you complete and satiated.
- How to get peanut butter to stick to apples? If you soaked your apples, just dry them off with a paper towel prior to spreading the peanut butter.
- What is the very best apple slicer? My individual favourite is this slicer.
More Favorite Easy Snacks
- 15 Healthy After School Snacks – Stuck in a snack rut? Prep a handful of of these healthful soon after-college snacks ahead of time for to serve snacks that are fresh, entertaining, and healthful.
- Nut Free Chewy Homemade Granola Bars – These Nut Free Homemade Granola Bars are scrumptious and chewy with just the appropriate quantity of sweet. Perfect for youngsters with nut allergies or youngsters who want a yummy snack!
- Chia Seed Energy Bites – Avoid receiving HANGRY with our super scrumptious Chia Seed Energy Bites. These tiny bites of goodness are just the ticket for a swift and healthful snack.
- 2 medium apples
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- Topping Ideas: granola, shredded coconut, mini m&ms, crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips, freeze dried fruit, sunflower seeds, raisins, craisins, ground flax
Soak in a bowl for a handful of minutes with cold water and a handful of drops of lemon juice to protect against browning if you are not going to consume them appropriate away.
Spread every slice with peanut butter or your favourite nut butter.
Press into a bowl of toppings or sprinkle on prime of the nut butter. Enjoy!
Serving: 4wedges | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of meals and sturdy promoter of healthful habits. Here you will uncover lots of scrumptious recipes complete of fruits and veggies, suggestions for receiving your youngsters to consume much better and grow to be intuitive eaters and lots of sources for feeding your household.
Learn More about Natalie