Grilled Lemon Chicken is an uncomplicated recipe with just a handful of standard components, but offers you the most tender juicy grilled chicken. The vibrant lemon flavor goes effectively with so lots of diverse dishes that are healthier and family members friendly!
I used to feel grilling was only for warmer climate. But now I have decided it is really a excellent way to cook all year round! I enjoy any excuse to delight in the outdoors and grilling outdoors is even superior. Do you enjoy to use your outside grill? I enjoy a straightforward grilled chicken, grilled veggies and for confident a fantastic burger! This lemon chicken has promptly grow to be on of our favourite methods to cook chicken. It is scrumptious by itself, served in a pasta dish, more than rice, topped on a fresh green salad, or even tossed in a soup.
Ingredients to Make Grilled Lemon Chicken
For this recipe, I utilized a straightforward lemon pepper marinade that can be created with components you in all probability currently have in your fridge and pantry.
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil has a higher smoke point and is best for grilling chicken.
- Lemon Juice + Zest – you will want fresh lemons for this recipe – the juice and zest add lots of flavor as effectively as assistance to tenderize the chicken.
- Salt + Pepper – sea salt and freshly ground pepper add the greatest flavor
- Chicken – you can use chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe
Also Read : Mantras: Definition, Types, Benefits and Powers
The sauce is just an further, but if you are serving the lemon chicken as a key dish, this sauce is definitely scrumptious! A handful of straightforward components are combined to make a fresh and flavorful sauce with lemon dijon flavors. A garlic press is helpful for a rapid preparation of the garlic cloves.
- Greek Yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt offers this sauce a creamy and slightly tangy base with added protein!
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves minced effectively
- Lemon Juice: Fresh squeezed.
- Dijon Mustard: – adds a tangy flavor
- Salt + Pepper: sea salt and freshly ground pepper add the greatest flavor
Tips for Grilling Lemon Chicken
- Marinate. Prepping your chicken in advance and letting it soak in a flavorful marinade is essential. Not only will this assistance the chicken fibers to soften up generating your meat more tender, but it also soaks the flavor of the marinade into the meat, rather than just on the outdoors of the chicken to be cooked off. You do not want to marinade your chicken for hours and hours to get the positive aspects.
- Thin pieces of chicken: 30 minutes – 3 hours is best.
- Thick pieces of chicken: 5-6 hours is best.
- Temperature. Make confident you pre-heat your grill prior to you place the chicken on. Also, if you cook your chicken on a grill that is as well hot, the outdoors will burn prior to the inside cooks. Medium-low is greatest for a charcoal grill, and medium on a gas grill.
- Use a Meat Thermometer. If you want tender, juicy grilled chicken, working with a meat thermometer is the greatest way to make confident your meat is carried out without the need of overcooking. The internal temp should really be 165 for dark meat and 160 degrees for white meat.
Frequently Asked Questions
▪️Pasta with alfredo sauce
▪️Rice, quinoa, couscous
▪️Roasted sweet potatoes
Typically you can marinate chicken up to 24 hours. But when you have an acid in the marinade (lemon juice), you do not want to marinate your chicken longer than 3 hours. If you leave your chicken in a marinade with an acidic ingredient for as well lengthy, it can grow to be mushy and stringy.
It truly depends on the reduce of chicken you decide on. Chicken should really be cooked till it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Here is a guide for well-known cuts:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Time: 5 to 6 minutes per side
Temperature: Medium-higher (400˚F)
Time: 2 to 3 minutes per side
Temperature: Medium-higher (375˚F)
Boneless Skinless Thighs
Time: 7 to 8 minutes per side
Temperature: Medium-higher (375˚F)
A scrumptious grilled meal does not have to be challenging and it can be healthier as well. This meal can be enjoyed for the duration of the week or served at a weekend backyard barbecue with good friends. Fire up your grill and delight in a fresh and flavorful meal!
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively olive oil, juice of two lemons (about 1/4 cup), lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but not longer than 3 hours.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling more than medium-higher heat.
- Brush and oil the grill grate.
- Place the chicken on the grill straight more than the fire and cook till the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked by way of 165°F, about 5 to 8 minutes on each and every side.
- Serve grilled chicken with lemon yogurt dipping sauce and your favourite side dish.
- To make the dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, whisk collectively yogurt, garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: .01g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of meals and sturdy promoter of healthier habits. Here you will come across lots of scrumptious recipes complete of fruits and veggies, suggestions for receiving your little ones to consume superior and grow to be intuitive eaters and lots of sources for feeding your family members.
Learn More about Natalie