Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Pagoda and a Pagoda Coloring Page. The shape is just about the opposite of most traditional buildings found in the western world.
For students studying eastern culture, or for those that just want to try some different, learning how to draw a pagoda is certainly a fun project. All those curves and details on the eaves make for great drawing practice, and the finished look is so different from the buildings most students are used to drawing. It’s proof that a roof needn’t always be straight and perpendicular. Curvy and scalloped are possible too!
A pagoda is a kind of tower with multiple eaves, most often found in eastern and southeastern Asia. Most are built for religious purposes, often as Buddhist temples that house religious papers and artifacts. The modern design for a pagoda comes from the stupas of ancient Nepal built during the 3rd century BC. The influence spread across Asia, taking on many differences as details specific to different regions became a part of the overall design.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Pagoda Coloring Page
Pagoda Step by Step Materials
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Also Read : Easy Pasta Salad