If you are attempting to limit sugar but you Adore ALL Factors CHOCOLATE, this creamy Chocolate Banana Smoothie provides the very best of all worlds. Freeze a couple of bananas ahead of time and you will be sipping on this sweet and decadent drink in minutes!
When you are striving to feed your little ones suitable, it is simple to fall into a pattern of binary pondering. Almost without having realizing it, you may possibly uncover your self assigning categories to foods, like this:
Broccoli: very good. Candy: undesirable. Carrots: very good. Cupcakes: undesirable.
It’s all-natural to appear for patterns that can assistance us make swift choices about what to consume. But when we can consider about meals in a more nuanced way, we can get pleasure from a lot more foods without having feeling undesirable about our alternatives.
Healthy meals can taste certainly scrumptious and indulgent… just like anything we may possibly consider of as “off limits.”
This Chocolate Banana Smoothie is the best instance. It’s super sweet, creamy, and complete-to-the-brim with kid appeal. AND it is created from entire fruit, milk, and other nourishing components.
Buzz up this smoothie today and share it with your kiddos. Embrace the scrumptious complexity of wholesome meals!
Is Chocolate Banana Smoothie Healthy?
This smoothie may possibly appear and taste like a decadent dessert, but it is truly complete of nourishing, entire meals components that you can really feel confident serving your little ones (even for breakfast! )
The components list is brief, uncomplicated and entire:
- Whole milk
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Honey (optional)
One serving of this smoothie gives six grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, plus the goodness of entire fruit and antioxidant-wealthy cocoa.
How to Make a Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Buzzing up this chocolatey treat is swift and simple, and you will be utterly well-known with your little ones when you make it. Here are a handful of recommendations for producing it just suitable:
- Freeze your bananas ahead of time. The next time there’s a bunch of brown bananas staring you down on your counter, go ahead and peel a handful of, break them in half, seal them in a zip-top rated bag, and freeze.
- Choose a all-natural, unsweetened cocoa powder. We like this brand.
- Adjust your sweetener. If you want to go completely absolutely free of added sugars in this smoothie, you can leave the honey out totally. Really. It’s nevertheless way sweet!
- Blend it properly. Frozen bananas have a tendency to escape the blades in even higher-powered blenders. Let yours run for an added 20 seconds or so, so the smoothie is ultra smooth.
- Serve it suitable away. This smoothie shines when it is frosty cold and properly-blended. Enjoy it straight away soon after producing it for the very best taste and texture. If you do have leftover smoothie, it’ll retain in the fridge, but could separate soon after a handful of hours. A swift stir with a straw will restore a more even consistency.
- Top it with whipped cream. This is completely optional, but oh so entertaining.
More Chocolate Goodness
Try a couple riffs on this chocolate drink with these recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake for Kids
Homemade Chocolate Milk
And study about how chocolate fits into the well being equation for little ones right here.
- 1 cup milk dairy or non dairy
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 55mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g