If you are attempting to limit sugar but you Adore ALL Points CHOCOLATE, this creamy Chocolate Banana Smoothie provides the most effective of all worlds. Freeze a couple of bananas ahead of time and you will be sipping on this sweet and decadent drink in minutes!
When you are striving to feed your youngsters suitable, it is straightforward to fall into a pattern of binary considering. Almost without having realizing it, you could possibly locate your self assigning categories to foods, like this:
Broccoli: very good. Candy: poor. Carrots: very good. Cupcakes: poor.
It’s organic to appear for patterns that can support us make rapid choices about what to consume. But when we can consider about meals in a more nuanced way, we can delight in a lot more foods without having feeling poor about our options.
Healthy meals can taste definitely scrumptious and indulgent… just like one thing we could possibly consider of as “off limits.”
This Chocolate Banana Smoothie is the great instance. It’s super sweet, creamy, and complete-to-the-brim with kid appeal. AND it is produced from entire fruit, milk, and other nourishing components.
Also Read : January Giveaway: Yoga Body & Mat Wipes
Buzz up this smoothie today and share it with your kiddos. Embrace the scrumptious complexity of healthful meals!
Is Chocolate Banana Smoothie Healthy?
This smoothie could possibly appear and taste like a decadent dessert, but it is basically complete of nourishing, entire meals components that you can really feel confident serving your youngsters (even for breakfast! )
The components list is quick, very simple and entire:
- Whole milk
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Honey (optional)
One serving of this smoothie supplies six grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, plus the goodness of entire fruit and antioxidant-wealthy cocoa.
How to Make a Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Buzzing up this chocolatey treat is rapid and straightforward, and you will be utterly popular with your youngsters when you make it. Here are a couple of recommendations for generating it just suitable:
- Freeze your bananas ahead of time. The next time there’s a bunch of brown bananas staring you down on your counter, go ahead and peel a couple of, break them in half, seal them in a zip-top rated bag, and freeze.
- Choose a organic, unsweetened cocoa powder. We like this brand.
- Adjust your sweetener. If you want to go entirely cost-free of added sugars in this smoothie, you can leave the honey out completely. Really. It’s nonetheless way sweet!
- Blend it properly. Frozen bananas have a tendency to escape the blades in even higher-powered blenders. Let yours run for an additional 20 seconds or so, so the smoothie is ultra smooth.
- Serve it suitable away. This smoothie shines when it is frosty cold and properly-blended. Enjoy it straight away following generating it for the most effective taste and texture. If you do have leftover smoothie, it’ll maintain in the fridge, but may perhaps separate following a couple of hours. A rapid stir with a straw will restore a more even consistency.
- Top it with whipped cream. This is entirely optional, but oh so entertaining.
More Chocolate Goodness
Try a couple riffs on this chocolate drink with these recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake for Kids
Homemade Chocolate Milk
And study about how chocolate fits into the well being equation for youngsters right here.
- 1 cup milk dairy or non dairy
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 55mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g