Caldo de Pollo (Chicken Soup) and Mexican Rice
This chicken soup (caldo de pollo) is packed with veggies and spices that give the soup color and tons of flavor!
Ingredients for 1 cup soup
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped potato
- ¼ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ ear of corn kernels removed
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 oz chicken breast chopped
Also Read : Draw Two Hands making a Heart Tutorial
Ingredients for Mexican rice served with soup
- ¼ cup brown rice uncooked
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt to taste
Directions for soup:
- In a pot on medium heat, add water, chicken, onions, carrots, corn, potato, salt, and pepper. Leave covered.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add zucchini and celery. Mix until fully incorporated. Then, bring the pot to a simmer.
- Optional. Serve topped with cilantro and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Directions for rice:
- Cook rice per package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, add tomato, onions, garlic, cumin, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated. Serve and enjoy.