A joyful heart and a satisfied state of thoughts is not some thing that just takes place it needs work, intention, and practice. Yoga teaches us how to cultivate happiness in our lives by focusing on the present moment, living in harmony with nature, cultivating inner peace, practicing detachment, and displaying compassion and kindness towards other individuals. Inspirational quotes are a good tool to motivate you to practice yoga and method life with a positive mindset and an open heart. To assist you locate more joy inside and out, we’ve compiled these 52 inspiring yoga quotes on happiness.
Our Favorite Inspirational Quotes on Yoga and Happiness
Inspirational quotes are best reminders to bring your body, thoughts, and spirit into harmony. Use the following quotes to remind oneself to be kinder to oneself and to inspire you to maintain going when occasions get challenging. We hope the following yoga quotes will inspire, uplift, and empower you to take action towards cultivating and building more joy in your life.
Also Read : Toddler Bad Breath: What Causes it and How to Fix it – ChildrensMD
- Happiness is when what you assume, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. — Mahatma Gandhi
- Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthier particular person, smiles and happiness shine forth like the rays of the sun. — B. K. S. Iyengar
- The path to wholeness begins by loving oneself. It often begins there. If you appreciate oneself, you will do what ever it requires to restore your overall health and happiness. — Dashama Konah Gordon
- Happiness depends to some extent upon external situations, but chiefly upon mental attitudes. In order to be satisfied one particular should really have fantastic overall health, a effectively-balanced thoughts, a prosperous life, the appropriate work, a thankful heart, and above all, wisdom or know-how of God. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness by no means decreases by becoming shared. — Buddha
- Yoga is the golden crucial that unlocks the door to peace, tranquility, and joy. — B. K. S. Iyengar
- A a lot more fascinating, type, adventurous, and joyful method to life is to start to create curiosity, not caring no matter if the object of our inquisitiveness is bitter or sweet. ― Pema Chodron
- Authentic joy is not a euphoric state or a feeling of becoming higher. Rather, it is a state of appreciation that makes it possible for us to participate completely in our lives. We train in rejoicing in the fantastic fortune of self and other individuals. ― Pema Chodron
- Be satisfied for these who are satisfied, have compassion towards the unhappy, and keep equanimity towards the wicked. — Patanjali
- Be sincere in your thoughts, Be pure in your feelings. You will not have to run following happiness. Happiness will run following you. ― Sri Chinmoy
- To preserve openness of heart and calmness of thoughts, nurture these attitudes: Kindness to these who are satisfied. Compassion for these who are much less fortunate. Honor for these who embody noble qualities. Equanimity to these whose actions oppose your values. ― Nischala Joy Devi
- Happiness lies in generating other individuals satisfied, in forsaking self-interest to bring joy to other individuals. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- Happy is the man who knows how to distinguish the genuine from the unreal, the eternal from the transient and the fantastic from the pleasant by his discrimination and wisdom. ― B.K.S. Iyengar
- I discovered a handful of years ago that balance is the crucial to a satisfied and productive life, and a enormous aspect of reaching that balance is to instill rituals into your daily life – a nutritious balanced diet regime, everyday workout, time for oneself by way of meditation, reading, journaling, yoga, everyday reflection, and setting objectives. — Gretchen Bleiler
- If failure has the strength to turn your life into bitterness itself, then patience has the strength to turn your life into the sweetest joy. Do not surrender to fate following a single failure. Failure, at most, precedes accomplishment. ― Sri Chinmoy
- If there are often forces about which are concerned to depress and discourage, there are often forces above and about us which we can draw upon, – draw into ourselves to restore, to fill up once more with strength and faith and joy and the energy that perseveres and conquers. It is genuinely a habit that one particular has to get of opening to these useful forces and either passively getting them or actively drawing upon them – for one particular can do either. ― Sri Aurobindo
- If you have carried out some thing meritorious, you knowledge pleasure and happiness if incorrect points, suffering. A satisfied or unhappy life is your personal creation. Nobody else is accountable. If you bear in mind this, you will not locate fault with anyone. You are your personal very best pal as effectively as your worst enemy. — Sri Swami Satchidananda
- If you want to be sad, no one particular in the planet can make you satisfied. But if you make up your thoughts to be satisfied, no one particular and absolutely nothing on earth can take that happiness from you. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- In deep, conscious involvement with all the things about you, there is no entanglement—there is just joy. — Sadhguru
- Judge absolutely nothing, you will be satisfied. Forgive all the things, you will be happier. Love all the things, you will be happiest. ― Sri Chinmoy
- Letting go provides us freedom, and freedom is the only situation for happiness. If, in our heart, we nevertheless cling to something – anger, anxiousness, or possessions – we can not be totally free. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- Make other individuals genuinely satisfied as you strive to make oneself satisfied. Speak a useful word. Give a cheering smile. Do a type act. Serve a small. Wipe the tears of one particular who is in distress. Render smooth a rough location in another’s path. You will really feel good joy. — Sivananda
- Many men and women assume excitement is happiness…. But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is primarily based on peace. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindfulness assists you go dwelling to the present. And each time you go there and recognize a situation of happiness that you have, happiness comes. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- Pain or pleasure, joy or misery, agony or ecstasy, takes place only inside you. Human folly is that men and women are often attempting to extract joy from the outdoors. You may perhaps use the outdoors as a stimulus or trigger, but the genuine factor often comes from inside. ― Sadhguru
- Peace is present appropriate right here and now, in ourselves and in all the things we do and see. Every breath we take, each step we take, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. The query is no matter if or not we are in touch with it. We need to have only to be awake, alive in the present moment. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- Real joy signifies instant expansion. If we knowledge pure joy, right away our heart expands. ― Sri Chinmoy
- Remain fixed in the sunlight of the accurate consciousness — for only there is happiness and peace. They do not rely upon outdoors happenings, but on this alone. ― Sri Aurobindo
- Submit to a everyday practice. Your loyalty to that is a ring at the door. Keep knocking, and the joy inside will ultimately open a window and appear out to see who’s there. — Rumi
- Surrendering to the demands of the senses does not satisfy them, but rather creates insatiable desires for additional sense experiences. Sense pleasure is like a drink of hemlock, which, as an alternative of quenching thirst, only increases it! Soul pleasure, although really hard to attain, when when gained is by no means diminished it knows no satiety, and yields ever new joys. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- The standard factor is that absolutely everyone desires happiness, no one particular desires suffering. And happiness mostly comes from our personal attitude, rather than from external aspects. If your personal mental attitude is right, even if you stay in a hostile atmosphere, you really feel satisfied. — H.H. the Dalai Lama
- The forceful, activating impulse of incorrect want is the greatest enemy to the happiness of man. Roam in the planet as a lion of self-manage do not let the frogs of sense weakness kick you about! ― Paramahansa Yogananda
- The greatest obstacle to connecting with our joy is resentment. ― Pema Chodron
- The more we make mates with ourselves, the more we can see that our strategies of shutting down and closing off are rooted in the mistaken considering that the way to get satisfied is to blame somebody else. ― Pema Chodron
- The more your heart is open and filled with joy and gratitude, the more you will delight in life and be capable to shine your light out into the planet. The more light you shine into the planet, the more you can assist other individuals with your pretty presence. ― Max Strom
- The nature of all material points is impermanent, and that it is therefore foolishness to count on permanent happiness by clinging to material types and objects. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- The goal of life is to watch and knowledge living. To delight in living each moment of it. And to live in environments, which are calm, quiet, slow, sophisticated, sophisticated. Just to be. Whether you are naked or you have a golden robe on you, that does not make any distinction. The excellent goal of your life is that you are grateful—great and full—that you are alive, and you delight in it. — Yogi Bhajan
- The saints have discovered that happiness lies in a continual mental state of unruffled peace throughout all the experiences of earthly dualities. A changeable thoughts perceives a changeable creation, and is conveniently disturbed the unchangeable soul and the unruffled thoughts, on the other hand, behold, behind the masks of alter, the Eternal Spirit. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps all the things out of your residence, so that new joy can locate space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can develop in their location. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have area to develop. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far far better points will take their location. — Rumi
- The yogi learns to locate God in the cave of his heart. Wherever he goes, he carries with him the blissful consciousness of God’s presence. — Paramahansa Yogananda
- This is the path we take in cultivating joy: finding out not to armor our standard goodness, finding out to appreciate what we have. Most of the time we do not do this. Rather than appreciate exactly where we are, we continually struggle and nurture our dissatisfaction. It’s like attempting to get the flowers to develop by pouring cement on the garden. ― Pema Chodron
- To be gorgeous signifies to be oneself. You do not need to have to be accepted by other individuals. You need to have to accept oneself. When you are born a lotus flower, be a gorgeous lotus flower, do not attempt to be a magnolia flower. If you crave acceptance and recognition and attempt to alter oneself to match what other men and women want you to be, you will endure all your life. True happiness and accurate energy lie in understanding oneself, accepting oneself, getting self-confidence in oneself. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- True inner joy is self-produced. It does not rely on outer situations. A river is flowing in and by way of you carrying the message of joy. This divine joy is the sole goal of life. ― Sri Chinmoy
- We can discover to rejoice in even the smallest blessings our life holds. It is quick to miss our personal fantastic fortune usually happiness comes in strategies we do not even notice. ― Pema Chodron
- We will have to develop a marriage in between the awareness of the body and that of the thoughts. When two parties do not cooperate, there is unhappiness on each sides. ― B.K.S. Iyengar
- When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we start to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and appreciate. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- When we really feel appreciate and kindness toward other individuals, it not only tends to make other individuals really feel loved and cared for, but it assists us also to create inner happiness and peace. — H.H. the Dalai Lama
- When you make somebody satisfied, you see his or her satisfied face and really feel satisfied oneself. If you have genuinely knowledgeable the joy of just providing some thing for the sake of providing, you will wait greedily for possibilities to get that joy once more and once more. Many men and women assume that by renouncing all the things, by becoming selfless and desireless, there is no enjoyment. No. That is not so. Instead, you develop into the happiest man or lady. The more you serve, the more happiness you delight in. Such a particular person knows the secret of life. There is a joy in losing all the things, in providing all the things. You can not be eternally satisfied by possessing points. The more you possess, the more sad you develop into. ― Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Yoga is a way to freedom. By its continual practice, we can totally free ourselves from worry, anguish and loneliness. — Indra Devi
- Yoga tends to make you harmonious with nature and teaches you to be joyfully curious about your inner planet. — Debashish Mridha
- Yoga sequences are developed to uncover our birthright: appreciate, joy, and freedom. The body can knowledge these essences as space, ease, and liberation. ― Colleen Saidman Yee
- You do not have to leave earth’s shores to place on wings you will have to discover rather to be satisfied right here and now, beneath all situations and think about others’ happiness as aspect of your personal joy. — Paramahansa Yogananda
How to Use Inspirational Quotes in Your Yoga Practice
Quotes are effective tools you can use to motivate oneself to action or infuse your practice with intention. Each quote is a bite-sized nugget of potent wisdom, usually presented in a poetic or otherwise memorable way. Here are a handful of sensible strategies to incorporate these inspirational quotes on yoga for happiness into your practice:
- Print out the list of quotes and post them wherever you could need to have a reminder to practice mindfulness, yoga, and meditation with joy and lightheartedness.
- Create an intention card or compact piece of artwork featuring a quote and location it on your individual altar or in your practice space.
- Share your favourite quotes on social media to make communal help for your expression and use of joy and happiness in your yoga practices.
- Read a handful of quotes ahead of you practice yoga or meditation to set an intention or mood for your practice.
- Use a quote as the seed believed for deep contemplation or journaling.
Share your quotes with us
Are there any other quotes on yoga and joy that have encouraged and supported you to develop and keep happiness in your life? We’d appreciate to hear them, so please post them in the comments beneath!